Material Control Supervisor
Job ID: 2020-3276
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technical Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
The Material Control Supervisor is responsible for the routine purchasing of materials and parts for Atlas Air and, under contract, Polar Air Cargo. Oversees AOG Staff to assist with creation and monitoring of AOG Material Purchase Orders for critical Material Support. Resolve PO corrections & Invoicing with Tech Ops & Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for the planning, acquisition and administration, at optimum balance of cost, quality, and supplier service of material required to support aircraft maintenance.
- Communicate and resolve all Aircraft material issues
- Ensure pre-draw for check events completed 60 day in advance of event and communicate with major mx and mx planning.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchased and repaired items are airworthy, and have required certification documentation.
- Represent Sr. Manager during absences to supervise staff and ensure cost effective acquisition of quality materials in support of aircraft maintenance.
- Evaluates suppliers through objective performance measurements.
- Develops new sources of supply or repairs based upon quality and cost metrics.
- Responsible for the timely and cost-effective shipping of purchased or repaired items. Ensures that items are prepared for shipping in a proper manner to protect against damage.
- Ensures adherence to approved vendor listing. Coordinates the addition of new vendors with the Quality Assurance managers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Sr. Director, Director, Sr. Manager, and Manager of Materials department
- 1-3 years Procurement/Procurement planning experience or combined preferred
- 3-5 year of AOG experience within Airline industry or Military Equivalent
- BS/BA or equivalent in a business or engineering related field.
- Prior Supervision or Leadership Experience
- Ability to work day/night or weekend and off site shift schedule to support the operation as needed.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be familiar with using computers
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement