Job ID: R-95902
Location: Louisville/Jefferson County, KY, US
The Material Coordinator's main responsibilities will support the picking and packing of commercial pharmaceutical products for shipment to customers.
This role will also perform a wide variety of tasks and operations that are required to maintain inventory control and the efficient flow of materials. All operations will be carried out in compliance with c'GMPs (current Good Manufacturing Practices), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Amgen values.
- Support pick, pack and ship activities for drug product distribution as well as support of warehouse activities for inventory management.
- Support document revisions. Support date gathering or entry for daily reports or performance tracking tools.
- Performs day to day distribution duties in a safe and compliant manner
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work
- Works with team to identify issues, and help in develop action plans that drive improved performance.
- Recommends document improvement or changes to operational procedures as necessary.
- Works with team to analyze data, identify issues, and develop action plans that drive improved performance.
- Uses Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Power Point, Project to update metrics and present information
Associate's degree and 2 years of Warehouse and/or Material experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Warehouse and/or Material experience
- Experience working in a warehouse environment (pharmaceuticals or biotechnology)
- Basic knowledge of warehouse inventory management, SAP and Microsoft Office
- Understand and carry out to Department of Transportation (DOT) and international shipping requirements (IATA)
- Understanding of Good Distribution Practices
- Knowledgable of Cold Chain distribution requirement
- Ability to comfortably lift 30lbs
- Ability to operate a forklift or other powered industrial vehicle
- Possess and exhibit good attention to detail
- Able to work standing, walking, or, moving around offices, work site or Amgen buildings; climbing, crawling, crouching, or other non-sitting working positions; lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of heavy objects with appropriate industrial equipment
We understand that to optimally sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and demonstrates its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.