Material Operations Lead
Job ID: 2020-3231
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technical Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Leads the warehouse and inventory management of materials and parts for the Atlas Air Material Operations Department at the warehouse and flight line. Develops/implements processes and procedures for efficient material handling. Oversees, monitors and reviews activities of Material Operations team during unattended supervisory shifts.
- Leads and monitors the warehouse team and participates in daily stores functions such as shipping, receiving, binning, issuing, housekeeping and security of technical spares.
- Oversees monitors and reviews activity of Material Operations Specialist and Clerks during their shift. Responsible for updating and informing Supervisors and Managers of staff schedule needs and changes
- Performs Level 1 and level 2 receiving inspection functions on behalf of Quality Control to insure that parts acquired contain the proper documentation, conform to acceptable quality standards and comply with Atlas Air policies and FARs.
- Assists Repair Department with unserviceable parts review and disposition. Makes recommendations on scrap/repair decisions and ensures condemned parts are handled in accordance with company policy.
- Reviews and resolves inventory discrepancies/inquiries in a timely manner.
- Enforces and develops processes and procedures to ensure efficient material handling are in compliance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with Maintenance and HDQ Materials to identify and correct potential disruptions related to parts or tooling for AOG, DMI, MELs and scheduled maintenance.
- Maintains proper supplies and equipment for the safe packaging and transport of aircraft parts.
- Assists the Supervisors and Manager in the training of new hires, including the identification and handling of dangerous goods.
- Responsible for ensuring shelf life procedures are completed and monitored and no materials are used in aircraft maintenance beyond their shelf life limits.
- Responsible for tooling and equipment storage, handling, control, logistics and shipping them out for repairs and calibration.
- Ensures that safe clean and organized workplace conditions are maintained. Reports any safety incidents, accidents or violations that may occur
- Frequent: lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of moderately heavy weight objects (up to 70 pounds); controlling or driving materials handling equipment in a congested warehouse environment. Subject to call back, standby, and working flexible hours, weekends, holidays and extended hours.
- Ability to travel as required supporting operational needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred